Monday, January 6, 2014

Six Months Too Long

I have not posted since I began my new job SIX MONTHS AGO?!!!??

I am very upset with myself for not staying on top of this blog. My new job is very demanding and I am mentally burnt by the time I get home. I do love the job though. The work is everything I have ever wanted and my co-workers make it so much fun.

My weight however has been compromised. I have gained almost 20lbs since starting my new job.
I was doing "okay" until the end of October when I got into a car accident. Some young kid doing at least 90mph on the highway slammed into the back of my car. I am okay psychically, but mentally it has been a struggle. I did suffer some whip lash and I am still working on getting my neck back to normal.
Totaled


Since starting the new job, exercise slowly came to a stop and it did not take long for the office snacks to become part of my daily routine. Once the accident happened it has been a huge struggle to get back to my positive ways. The holidays and winter in general have always been a time I fail at weight loss so the timing of the accident could not have been worse.

Between August and now I did do a 5k in October completing with my fastest time yet and on Thanksgiving morning I did a 5k  with not too bad of time but not my best. I also completed my goal of hiking the trail I did in college with no breaks!! I have gotten some exercise equipment in my basement which makes it a little easier, but of course I have found excuses.

Hike In October

Not looking too bad in September

Thanksgiving Day 5k (freezing!!)

Since December I have been completely out of control with my eating and only working out once a week at the most. Last week I contracted some sort of flu and I am still home sick today which is allowing me to write this post.

I am looking at this flu as a life saver. Although I was pretty sure I was about to die I am thankful for the opportunity. This flu has allowed me to drop a few pounds which I am going to use as a kick start to getting my ass back on track.

I have not had coffee, chocolate, or anything really "bad" in the last four days. I am looking at it as a clean slate and a new chance to start 2014 off on a good note. I was never a big New Year person but there is something about this year that makes me want to reflect back on 2014 and make sure I have a smile on my face when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment