Thursday, June 28, 2012

Goal accomplished!!


                                                             Goal accomplished!

Yesterday’s exercise goal was to complete 2.0 miles in twenty minutes on the elliptical. I was able to complete 2.0 miles in 18:56! Ugh I was so happy! As I kept going on the elliptical I figured I would do 30 minutes and the closer I got to 30 minutes I realized I could do 3 miles in 30 minutes if I just kept up a good pace.
Low and behold I completed 3.0 miles in 29:32!

I am currently keeping track of how/what I eat two ways. One being Weight Watchers and the other is the ‘My fitness Pal’ app on my phone. I honestly do not mind writing down everything I eat and figuring out the WW points. I also love the convenience of just typing in what I eat or scanning a bar code and the app of My Fitness Pal doing the math for me. I try to keep my self on both systems without going over and it seems that both “programs” have me eating the same amount of calories.

Last night after my victory of a gym session the boy and I went to a friends for some wine and catching up, so I unfortunately did go over a smidge on calories for the day, but it is nothing I am going to beat myself up over. There were snacks laid out all over the table and I didn’t even reach for a bite of one of them! (I am notorious for using the “oh it’s a get together I can splurge a little excuse” or the “I have had a few drinks so whatever I am about to consume doesn’t count.”) I had a very satisfying dinner of green beans, one cup of rice, and one 8oz pork chop before we left the house. I was feeling so great from the work out that I did not want to ruin it and only had 2 glasses of wine.


Saturday I am having a big family party at my house. Normally this is a time of mass consumption of food. Since I am the host, I will be able to weigh/measure and set aside my food that I plan on eating for the event ahead of time. I am very happy about this. I just hope no one will notice that I am making my plate out of the fridge rather then off the giant plates of food that will be spread out.

Today will be another 30min workout on the elliptical and I am meeting a friend for ONE glass of wine tonight. (I swear I don’t usually drink this often this week is just an odd one.) I am pretty broke so I am keeping it short and sweet tonight.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment