Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Challenging Times




I always think that during the Christmas holiday season keeping on track with a diet is much more difficult then any other time of year. After the temptation from this weekend I was proven wrong! I had a family party on Saturday and an unexpected get together on Sunday and boy was it challenging!

Friday night was a date night with the boy. We went out to eat and he ordered a buffalo chicken tender appetizer with potato skins. Are you friggin’ kidding me!!! I only had one skin and half of a chicken tender. (Normally I would have eaten half the plate.)
For the entrée I got a bruchetta chicken with rice and asparagus. It was absolutely amazing but it was also 950 calories! I only ate half the entrée and boxed the rest up to go. The boy and I wanted a treat so I figured lets walk the mall twice then get a treat. I had a 1000 calorie treat in mind but luckily on our walk we discovered a frozen yogurt shop! It was very low in calories and hardly any fat!


Saturday’s party worked out very well. I stuck to my planed meal and only had a few bites of unplanned foods. Sundays get together was more difficult because it was unexpected but I kept my bites to a minimum and didn’t go over bored on my meals! I also went for a 2mile walk before people came over.


I have learned that in order to loose weight, stay healthy, and stay on track you have to really really want it. I know anyone who is unhappy with their bodies really wants the change, but it takes more will power and commitment then I have ever experienced. It takes changing the way you think, and the way you have been acting for so long. It takes ignoring your first instinct and really paying attention to what you want to do verse what you need to do. That is not an easy thing. What I do know, is that it is possible!! Stay focused, stay strong, and know that it will all be worth it.


         “Don’t give up on something you can’t go a day without thinking about”

             
I have a vegetable garden at my house and wanted to share a picture of my very first cucumbers and a zucchini that I picked Sunday morning! The cuke tasted a little sweet but it was very good. The zucchini will be part of tonight’s dinner and I can’t wait to try it. 










I can really feel a difference in my body lately from my work outs. I also notice in this picture my face and neck look so much slimmer. The scale at home says I have not gained or lost anything this week, but I am not letting it get me down. As long as I don’t gain, and I feel the difference, that is what matters most to me.  (right now)

Happy 4th everyone, and good luck on conquering your challenges this holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment