Monday, July 23, 2012

Post Vacation Post



Whelp vacation is over and it is back to the real world. L

I made sure I walked every morning that I was on vacation. I downloaded an app on my iphone that tracks your millage by GPS as well as shows you a map of where you walked and how many calories you burned.  I walked anywhere from 1.3 to 2.6 miles every morning. In addition to my morning walks I did a 1.8 and a 1.0 mile walk two nights last week. My goal was to complete 3 night walks in addition to my morning walks, but I did walk/jog the day I got home from vacation so I suppose that could count as my 3d.

I measured and weighed almost everything I ate except for my three planned “cheats”. My down fall was alcohol. I had 3 nights that I drank and did not account for those calories nor did I plan those drinking nights ahead of time.  I also took many extra bites of things without accounting for them.

Needless to say the scale when I returned from vacation was up 3lbs. I will take it! Having a wonderful vacation and only gaining 3lbs is fine by me!

I am not feeling very good today, but tomorrow I am back at the gym and I am going to begin to incorporate weights into my work outs. (I have been doing strictly cardio up until now except when I do my Jillian Michael’s DVD.)

Hopefully after a full week of being 100% on track I will feel much better.  The Chinese food and the guilt of going off track even though it was planned, was not worth it to me. Vacation was great but I am ready to be back on my routine.

This Sunday the 29th is the day I am hiking the trail I used to hike in college. I am pretty excited about it because I learned it is only 1.3ish miles one way and my goal is to hike the trail without needing a break. I am very confident I will be able to do this due to how hard I have been working out. I feel my endurance is better and I can push myself longer. I am learning mind over matter when it comes to exercising.

I am not in a writing mood today but I figured I would document my vacation results. Below are a few pictures from vacation.  Have a great day everyone!
Sun Rise

Sun Set

Bean Bag Champion

Just another day on the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment