Thursday, July 5, 2012

Empowered



 ~*Fourth Of July*~

Whelp I survived the holiday, with pride I might add. Tuesday I had an awesome work out at the gym. After a steak and zuchinni dinner the boy and I went to a friend’s lake house for fireworks. Knowing there would be an unhealthy spread of food, I measured out some homemade pop corn and some special K cracker chips and brought them with me for a snack. I also brought a beer that was only 55 calories. That worked out great! I didn’t eat any of their food and I had a few of my beers. A night out and I was able to stay under on calories and WW points!



On the fourth of July I stuck to my gun as well. I made sure to do my work out video in the morning. Normally I would use the excuse of “it’s a holiday” to not workout.  With my new outlook that this is a life style change, I am seeing there are very few excuses to not do what I need to do. I am only hurting myself by making excuses.

 Friends came by to enjoy the sunshine and with them came food and booze. I had already planned my entire day of food and had it calculated and set aside before anyone came over.  After everyone left I felt very empowered that I had stuck to my plan. I honestly do not mind counting and weighing everything I eat, to me it’s a fool proof plan and it makes me feel in control. If I account for things I can have whatever I want, which is important.  I find it is also important to switch things up a bit. If I get bored wheather it is with food or work outs I am going to fail.

Today I really did not feel like going to the gym, although I feel like I really push myself and get a good workout at the gym, I just was not feeling it today. (I swear sometimes in the gym I feel like it looks like we are all on a hamster wheel.) I wanted to go walk the track at the local high school and then try climbing the bleachers a few times. Right after lunch I started not to feel too well and decided to rest from exercise today. It was also about 90 degrees so I didn’t think today would be the best choice to try something new since I don’t know how it’s going to be. Walking the track and climbing the bleachers at least 5 times is going to be my goal for this weekend.  Most likely this will be a Saturday after work or Sunday morning workout since the boy says he will come with me. I find having the boy with me is very encouraging. He doesn’t doubt I can do something, and he makes me feel like it is okay to try and push harder. He also makes me feel it is okay if I don’t reach my goal, as long as I don’t give up.  I don’t have to be embarrassed in front of him and he looks at me like there is nothing wrong with me. This is the most amazing feeling I have ever had.

Enough about my boy, I am off now. Either a walk or a work out video tomorrow and another weekend to try and stay on track with food lie’s ahead of me. Good luck to you all and thanks for reading.

1 comment: