Monday, April 29, 2013

Dam you technology!

Sunday I was determined to do a full three miles. Nothing was going to get in my way. I got to the track and no one was there, I had the track to myself the entire time. I started my app that I use to calculate my distance. I walked in lane 6 and decided I would do tweleve times around in that lane (knowing perfectly well this would be more then three miles.)  I got the urge to run early on in the walk and ultimately completed my first mile in 15 minutes (pretty sure this is my fastest mile yet). I was so pumped up and proud, that I continued to run multiple times throughout mile two. At one point during my walk I had texted my friend a few times when it dawned on me I had not heard my phone beep for mile two. I looked at my phone and the app said I had completed 1.17 miles. BULLSHIT!!! I know for a fact at this point I had gone around lane 6 about nine times which should have been well over two miles. Realizing my texting may have interrupted my app pissed me off so bad. I was keeping track of how many times I went around so I know I completed more then three miles, but not having my tracking device back me up really upset me. I continued on my walk/run and completed lane 6 a total of twelve times in 58 minutes. My legs were sore, my heart was pumping, I was dripping sweat, and I felt amazing. I still can only jog for about 45 seconds at a time but I am okay with that for now. I know if I keep with it my time will increase.

Saturday at the gym I jogged a full minute on the treadmill for the first time. I have jogged for full minutes before but they are rare and it has not been recently.

Anywho before my awesome workout I had cleaned everything imaginable in my home including putting away my winter cloths and taking out some spring things. Remember the picture I found from Vegas? Whelp I found the shirt I was wearing in that pic and decided to do a little comparison photo. I tried to do the same pose I was doing in the original picture haha. I have no idea why I saved this shirt because I know for a fact when I put it away last fall that it was too big for me. I am sure glad I did though because I love comparison photos.


2 comments:

  1. Great job crushing those 3 miles! That's so awesome how big that shirt is on you now!! Keep it up, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you kept the shirt to show the difference!! You look great!! Awesome job on your walk/run!

    ReplyDelete