Monday, April 1, 2013

March Madness was a success!!!


March Madness was a success!!!

I lost a total of 9lbs in the month of March! The boy lost 10lbs! I was shocked when I saw the scale yesterday morning!  Spring has only just begun and I have started off fabulous!!!

Tomorrow “Ass kickin’ April” starts, and for this month’s personal challenge I have decided I am going to kick my ass with exercising. I am not going to have a goal of X amount of pounds lost. Instead I am having the goal of sticking to my planned  exercise regimen.

-I want to walk/jog three days a week to continue to train for my 5k.

- I want to commit one day to Jillian Michaels.

-I want to commit one day to the gym.

I hate paying for the gym and not using it, (even though it is only 10$ a month.) The weather is so nice out now and I want to take advantage and get outside, so one day a week in the gym will lessen my guilt of not using my membership. Also, I can burn a shit ton of calories on the crazy machine, and I think once of week of crazy machine falls perfectly into Ass Kickin’ April’s challenge.

Saturday after work I hit the track at the local High School. I walked around it 10 times to make 2.5 miles. My app on my phone ended up telling me I actually did 2.8 and I am very pleased with that.  I noticed while on the track how much I have improved over the past year. I can jog for a longer period of time, my body doesn’t start aching as much or as quickly as it used to, and I am really starting to enjoy walking more. I think having this 5K to look forward to has helped me a lot.  Seeing I can do almost 3 miles has me feeling very good about the fact I still have over a month to train!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats!! And good luck this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! Remember, if you start in one lane, to use the right starting line and stay in that lane. I wasn't sure if maybe that affected the distance. If you switch lanes, you could end up going farther than intended. That's why the outside lane has a starting line way ahead of the innermost lane.

    If you already know that, my apologies. :) Some people don't, and I hate to see people jog farther than they intend to. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK so I just learned about this whole line thing at the track. I had no idea! LoL I walked in line #7 the whole time so that is defiently why I got a farther distance. Thanks for the info!!

      Delete
  3. Oh, and congratulations on the weight loss! "Ass-Kicking April" is a great idea. I think I'll do it with you.

    ReplyDelete