Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Passed A Cop And Two More 5ks

Sunday I went to the track for my normal 3 mile walk/run. As soon as I pulled in I noticed there were a few off duty police officers doing some sort of training. “Oh great how embarrassing is this going to be” is what I am thinking as soon as I see them. One man in particular looked more athletic than all of them with muscular calves and broad buff arms. I got in my lane and started my walk. Now I am on a track so things get boring walking in a big circle for 12 laps, so I am just watching these cops warm up and chit chat. Then they start running. Two men running and one man was running with them acting as a coach. Each time they pass me I try to stay out of the way and I notice the “coach” encouraging the particularly large athletic man. At one point I caught up to the small group and notice the athletic man stops. He starts walking, he can’t run anymore and is completely out of breath. (Mind you they have only gone .75 miles while I am at about 2.8 miles.) The coach is yelling at the man “no way you are not stopping we are almost done, lets go don’t stop come on!!!” I was unsure if I should say something or not but before I could stop myself I blurted out, “come on man the fat girls doing it you can finish this!” That gave everyone a good chuckle and ultimately the man finished. Haha. I just could not believe how in shape these guys looked only to find out I was more capable then they were. Seeing these guys at the track when I first pulled in was such a kick in the confidence, but I will tell you when that large man couldn’t keep up it built me back up by ten. That just goes to prove looks are not everything!

I have been walking every day this week because my 5K is tomorrow!!! I am very excited for the atmosphere and completing something I never dreamed I would do.

I just found out the homeless shelter in my city is putting on a 4 mile walk next Sunday May 19th and I plan to do that for sure. I used to work for the shelter, and I normally do my long walks on Sundays anyways, so why not join the town!

There is also a 5k right next to my house happening in June. It supports mental health and it looks really fun. The only thing I am concerned with is the cross country course. Since the course it right next to my house I plan to start practicing on it before the actual race in June. I think it will be a good way to switch things up a bit, and it will be supporting a great cause. 

 

Needless to say I am doing great. I went to a bridal shower this past weekend and got many compliments on how I was looking. Most these girls only see me three times a year so I knew someone would notice (at least I was hoping!) Thankfully they did.

I will defiantly be writing about my 5k experience a.s.a.p.   Till then…….
Bridal shower in the A.M

After Party in the P.M.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment