Monday, May 6, 2013

Who Needs Drugs?


Saturday after work I hit the gym and I ran three separate times for one minute each time. I completed one mile on the treadmill.  I have NEVER ran for a full minute three separate times. I am lucky to run one minute once.  It is so amazing to see how I am slowly building up my abilities. I also hit the crazy machine for 20 minutes and the bike for 15 minutes.

Sunday morning’s weigh in was 256, putting me at the lowest recorded weight since I have started keeping track last June. I had THE biggest smile on my face. I was so happy and proud to write down that number and have it be “official”. It has been a year of hovering around the same numbers, to finally break it was awesome.

After an egg white omelet I hit the track determined to not have a technology malfunction like I did last weekend. I started my tracking app on my phone and did my walk/run on the inside lane of the track so I would know exactly how far I had gone. I completed one mile is 15minutes. I completed 3.1 miles in 46 minutes. I completed a total of 3.22 miles under 50 minutes. Who needs drugs when you can accomplish goals and be high off life. Seriously. It was such an amazing weekend as far as weight loss and goal accomplishments.  I am loving life today and I can not believe how great I feel after such a successful week!

Happy Monday everyone!
 
Bring on the 5K

429 calories burned before noon :-)
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like your week is off to a great start! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete