Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Walk against hunger


After my 5K high- I was quickly onto my next adventure. Just days before my 5K I signed up for a 4 mile  “walk for hunger.” I did this event alone, because it was sort of last minute, but I did not mind. I was able to go at my own pace and there was way more room to move around get going.

I made it to the finishing line in 1hr. I was ecstatic. Then I pulled out my phone to make sure it was 4.0miles and my phone said 3.79. You bet your ass I walked through the finish line out and around the park until my phone said 4.0. I completed in 1:02. J  I am very happy with that. I averaged a 15 minute mile and I helped raise money for less fortunate woop woop!

Tomorrow I am going to check out the cross country root for my next 5k happening on June 20th. I am loving this stuff!

 

Unfortunately I do not have any pictures from my walk for hunger because I was alone but I took a picture of the t-shirt I scored to prove I really did it! Haha.
 
heck yes

walk against hunger
 

2 comments:

  1. Way to go!! You rock!! Good job on completing your first 5k, such an accomplishment!
    www.activewomom.com

    ReplyDelete