Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Next 5k


I am still alive people have no fear! The week leading up to Memorial Day weekend was rainy all week. Motivation was hard to come by, especially after completing my first 5K. Then the week after the long weekend my co-worker was on vacation and I worked close to 55hrs last week.  Long story short the past two weeks have been wasted. My eating has been so/so and I have only been working out every other day.

My next 5K is June 20th so I am on a serious time limit to get in some good work outs in the next two weeks. I started Saturday at the gym using the incline on the treadmill. I am very proud of myself because last night I was stuck at work late (6:40pm) and still made it to the gym to get some incline practice in.

My 5K on June 20th is on a cross country course. It is very close to my house, so over Memorial Day weekend I went and checked out the course. The beginning of mile two is more like a hike in the woods so I am hell bent on training on an incline so get my legs and lungs stronger!

The wardrobe theme is bright neon clothing so those pictures should be something for ya’ll to look forward to ;-)

So I am still here, I am back on track and looking forward to my next race. The weather is bearable again and I am feeling good.

 

Here are some pix of what I found on Memorial Day weekend when I went to check out my next 5K course.




1 comment: