Tuesday, June 11, 2013

New Shoes


So on Friday I splurged and bought a pair of over priced running shoes. The store man watched me walk across the floor, and then watched me do a little jog. He came to the conclusion I am “netural” and it does not appear I need any type of corrective support. I should have just left after I got that information and bought a pair of 60$ Nike’s like I have now (which I love btw). Instead I played the game and  bought these.

 


I paid way too much for them but purple is my favorite and I defiantly needed a new pair so whatever. As long as I don’t wear them outside (treadmill only) and there is no significant damage within 30 days I can return them.

 
This was the result of the first workout with them.

I know my face looks weird I was just so tired.

 

I am not sure how I feel about the shoes just yet. Today I plan on doing 3 miles at the gym and I have better socks then I wore last time so we will see how it goes.

Sunday I did 3.23miles at the track in 53 minutes. I decided Sunday was the start of the “nothing less than 3 miles from here on out.” My race is a smidge over a week away and I am getting excited.

I am going tomorrow to get a neon colored shirt for the race. My parents, the boy, and even possibly some co-workers plan to cheer me on at the finish line, so the pressure is on! I am telling everyone it will take me about an hour to complete to course. I really don’t know how detrimental the hills are going to be but I am confident I can keep my time under an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment