Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Pre Race Day


Tomorrow is race day. I am so nervous. I think a few different factors are playing into my nervousness.

1.) There will be people at the finish line waiting for me.

2.) The course is cross country, so it’s mostly grass, gravel, and uneven surfaces.

 3.) The race starts later then I am used to (6:30pm, when I usually do my workouts anywhere from first thing in the morning to 4pm.)

I know everything is going to be just fine, but I am still new to all of this stuff and emotions are all over the place!

I saw this race posted online months ago, but was very hesitant to sign up because of the course, so the fact I have entered makes me proud all in itself. I am stepping way out of my comfort zone with this one guys.

I will have a post -5k post on Friday.

Once this race is over I am going to start the couch to 5k training app that I have on my phone. I toyed with it last year but never made it past week two. I think I will do better this time around with the main reason being I know how to shut that negative voice up in my head!

I have a 5k for a family member who passed away happening in October and I have just made the decision as I am typing this that my goal is to run that entire thing. No walking breaks. Running. 3.1 miles. I have over three months to train for it and I have already been working on my running for over a year. People do this all the time , why cant I?  

No comments:

Post a Comment