Thursday, June 6, 2013

Strange Walk


Yesterday I planned to hit the track for two miles and climb the stairs a total of ten times. When I got to the school there was some sort of practice going on and I could not use the track. There are some neighborhoods around the school that are quiet so I started heading that way. I found a street I had never explored and it looked quite so on a whim I headed through it.  Everything went fine and obviously I am okay but I probably wont go on the street again. It was almost too quiet. All the driveways had cars in them but there were no people what so ever. No one’s lawns where really taken care of like most of the neighborhoods in that area, and it almost looked like a ghost town or something. I even passed two dogs who were in an outdoor enclosed area and they didn’t even bark at me. Two little yippy dogs just staring at me, but no barking.

I then found some street with lots of hills (perfect for what I am training for) so it ended up being a good workout. I completed 2.68 miles and after all the up and down hills I decided not to do any stairs.

My plans for the rest of this week is to do nothing less than 2.5 miles each day, and next week nothing less than 3 miles each day. My 5K is two weeks from today!! I think I will do just fine. I had incorporated some hills for my last 5k training because I knew there would be one hill but during the actual race there where four and I did just fine!  I am nervous for this next race because I know it is going to be challenging, but I am probably just hyping myself up like I ALWAYS do about EVERYTHING!

Googled pic of a ghost town lol.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment