Thursday, July 25, 2013

Post Vacation


I have been gone for so long but I am finally back! I went on a week long vacation with my family at a beach in Maine. I ate like shit the entire week. Drank everyday and ate everything from ice cream and cookies to fried sea food and cheese fries.

Sun Set by the Marsh

Dinner with the fam

Days spent on the beach :-)
 On the last Saturday of my vacation the boy and I went to a very close friend’s wedding. It was a blast! I don’t know if it is because I knew everyone there, or if it was because this is the wedding I have been waiting for all year long, but it was amazing. Needless to say I continued my binge habits and drank from 4pm – 1am.

This was just the pre game :-/

wedding fun

 Sunday morning I felt like complete garbage. I was tired, I was bloated, and overall felt like death.

 I do not regret a thing though, because I had a week long of pure fun. I also had all the motivation in the world to get back on track. This past Monday I started carb cycling again with the intentions of sticking with it for a month. Food preparation is not as much work and I am so determined to stick with it after last week. 

On my vacation I did do the virtual 5k for the “From Fat To Finish Line” group on face book. During my 5k I received my very first “runners nod.”  I was running and a man who was also running smiled, nodded, and gave me a thumbs up as we passed each other.  Words cannot explain how overjoyed I was to have this happen.
 
My 5k on the beach

After my 5k finished in 51min.
 
I am on day four of being back on track and I am feeling great. I have been waking up early to exercise and sticking to the carb cycle. I am having a much better experience this time around.

I am finishing up my last few days at my job before I start my new one. My blogging will most likely not be as frequent as I will be very busy adjusting to my new role. I promise to do my best. I hope everyone out there is doing well!

1 comment:

  1. I missed this last week so welcome back!! We all splurge sometimes and it sounds like you had an awesome time!! Now it's time to get back on track and it sounds like you are doing just that!! :)

    ReplyDelete