Thursday, March 7, 2013

Dumb little Easter Candy


 
Yesterday I hit the gym and did another mile on the treadmill followed by 30 minutes on the crazy machine. I only intended to do 15 minutes on the crazy machine but thanks to Ellen Degeneres I was able to stay on longer.

I will not be exercising today, but like I mentioned in a previous post my new spring/summer work schedule allows for plenty of gym time. It feels good to be back in the routine and I am not letting anything get in my way.

My boss had peanut butter and chocolate Easter eggs on her desk to share with everyone. Walking by her desk on Monday I just grabbed one without thinking. As soon as it touched my fingers my brain said “hey wait wtf are you doing?!” So I quickly put the little candy in my pocket. For about thirty minutes I argued with myself about how harmless one little piece of candy would be. Finally I went in the bathroom to wash my hands and when I was done I put the candy in the paper towels and smushed it as hard as I could and threw it in the trash.  
 
 
 

Would one little tiny piece of candy undo my whole day? No, it was more of the mental factor that the candy would ruin. The little piece of candy was my breaking the habit of just grabbing something with out thinking.  It was mind over matter that I was working on with that little candy. Shit, I don’t even like peanut butter that much!

Anyway I am proud of myself for smushing that stupid Easter egg and wanted to share.   

1 comment:

  1. Totally understand what you're saying... One piece won't hurt but sometimes one can lead to more. And it shows how strong you are to be able to resist it! You should feel proud. :)

    ReplyDelete