Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Outside my comfort zone for sure..


Since last night, I have been contemplating what I want to do at the gym today.  I can’t decide what machines and in what order. Then I was reading Katie's @runsforcookies.com motivational Mondays, and I saw how all these people were completing races and marathons and such. I got really inspired.  THEN I checked my email for my second job. In the email the CEO of the company is offering to pay registration fees for any employees interested in entering a community 5k race. You can run or walk the event and all proceeds go to a local charity. Sooooo I have just decided, (I mean literally five minutes ago decided) I am going to walk the 5k. It is on May 16th which means I think I should start training now. Like today. I know walking outside is different then on a treadmill so as soon as all this nasty snow/weather goes away I will be sure to hit the pavement, but in the meantime my gym regiment is going to largely include the treadmill!

I am very nervous/excited all at the same time. Is this normal? I have so many thoughts running through my head, but I am excited I have something to work towards. This could be the start of something big! Spring in a- commin’ let the good times roll!

3 comments:

  1. That's fantastic!! I love it when companies offer to pay for things like that--it's a big incentive to just go for it :) I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! How awesome for you, and of your CEO!! Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! If you want to mimic walking outside, set the treadmill to 1% incline. Lots of runners agree that 1% uses the same effort as propelling yourself forward on flat pavement.

    You could set it to the hill program, but I don't like that because it goes back down to 0% between the fake hills. :(

    ReplyDelete