Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Walking outside


Yesterday I did a walk outside with a few hills. The walk ended up being 2.20 miles. My legs were tired and I felt good. I realized I should probably walk outside as much as possible to train for this 5K. I defiantly don’t feel as tired on the treadmill as I did yesterday and that was only ¾’s of the distance.

The weather man says things are looking pretty good so I am definitely going to try my best and get outside at least 3 days a week. I don’t burn as much calories as I would like with just walking,so I am going to try and hit the crazy machine at least once a week.

Thankfully I still have all of April to work on this. The 5K is not until May 16th.

I have been peeking at the scale and I am holding strong at my current weight. I am not able to exercise as much as I would like this week but I am crossing my fingers Easter Sunday’s weigh in will have me smiling from ear to ear!

3 comments:

  1. I don't burn as many calories either, but it feels so good to get out and walk sometimes. :) I usually walk during my lunch break since 30-40 minutes in the fresh air helps clear my head. I've really missed it these past 4-5 months. I can't wait for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is very nice. I hate winter! Luckily I will be getting out of work at 4pm during the summer so I have a good hour to hit the gym or track before I head home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!! You should definitely practice for the race outside, especially if you plan to do any running. As you probably already know, it's a lot different doing it outside than on a treadmill. My body always feels the difference when I run outside.

    ReplyDelete