Saturday, September 8, 2012

Fell off the wagon

So yesterday morning I wanted to do the C25K training. I have not been doing it the way it is intended, I more so have just been using it once or twice a week to change up my exercise routine.  I woke up not feeling so great and kind of light headed with a head ach. I ate some cereal and let myself wake up a bit and went for the jog/walk. The first 60 seconds of jogging I was able to do it, but every time after that I just couldn’t. My legs felt so heavy and I could not catch my breath. It was very humid outside and I choose to do the jog on Ohio Ave which has two small hills. (I am used to running on a flat track.)

Needless to say it was horrible, I felt horrible, and it really messed with my head. I quit the training with 13 minutes left to go and just walked home.

About 30 minutes after I got home I felt good, I mean I was still able to burn over 200 calories and what I did complete was still better then doing nothing right?

I was on point all day with my eating and was going to a friend’s house to hang out last night and I knew I wanted at least one glass of wine. Before I left I added up my WW points thinking I would be all set because MFP told me I still had tons of calories left. When I did the math I only had 1 WW point left over but MFP told me I had 250 calories left which would have been enough for 1 ½ glasses.

This annoyed me and I think I may be giving WW a rest and just sticking to MFP.  I feel MFP is a little more accurate and doing two programs can get tiresome sometimes.

Anyway between the bad run in the morning and the discrepancy between my food allowance I ended up drinking the entire bottle of wine, as well as multiple handfuls of pretzels, cheese and crackers, and a few chips and salsa. Oh and three beers.  I COMPLETLEY LOST CONTROLL. Once I was drunk I got very upset and I feel like I lost my spark. I have had such a positive attitude since May and I have not had any major setbacks. I know I was on point all day and it was really only a 5hr span of time that I went out of control, but it still brought tears to my eyes (the alcohol may had helped that happen).

I just feel like my head was in the wrong direction yesterday. I found myself having multiple thoughts yesterday about eating like I used to and not caring how many calories it was. I contemplated not exercising from the moment I woke up and started making excuses, which I can honestly say I have not done once since May.

All in all yesterday was a horrible day mentally for me and I am so thankful we all get second chances. I woke up this morning telling myself we all make mistakes. It is not the setbacks that define us, it is what we do after the set back. If you fall down, all that matters is what you do next. Do you stay on the ground and say screw it, or do you get up wipe yourself off and say I am ready to go again. I know my hard work for the past four months is not down the shitter just because of one bad night and I plan on working very hard to get back on track.

I am making a goal to not have any alcohol for a full two weeks. Alcohol is defiantly a problem for me, because once I have a nice buzz on I want to eat everything,  on top of the unnecessary calories I am consuming from the booze I add all those salty fatty snacks on top of it and that’s just bad news  bears.

I wanted to write this post to show I am just as human as everyone else and we all have bad days. I also wanted to write this to hold myself accountable for my actions last night and document my feelings so I can read back on this and know I don’t want to be in this place again.

I am working today so all my food is here and it is all my usual foods. I also plan on doing 30-45 minutes on the crazy machine at the gym.  No cheating tonight and NO DRINKING. Tonight is college football and tomorrow is the first Sunday for the NFL. I am a HUGE football fan and this will be tough, but I think last night really helped smack my ass into shape and I will be able to stay strong this weekend.
Sorry for such a long post but thank you for reading.

Have any of you had a major setback or a horrible day of eating that was unplanned? What did you do, what were your thoughts or feelings when this happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment