Monday, September 10, 2012

The higher the fall the bigger the bounce.

That’s what they say isn’t it? After my dramatic evening Friday night I was able to stay on track with my food on Saturday. I also went to the gym Saturday after work. I did not have the best work out. I did 20 minutes on the crazy machine and 15 minutes on the bike. By the time I had been on the crazy machine for 15 minutes I started getting nauseous and almost like motion sickness (which has happened to me on the elliptical before.)  I decided to move to the bike which was much better. After my work out I just felt blah. I did not feel good at all.

Thankfully Sunday morning the blah feeling went away and I felt just fine. I decided to do my C25K training on the high school track. It was cloudy with a cool breeze….  absolutely beautiful outside.  The boy didn’t want to come with me so I was nervous but I surprised the shit out of myself. The first time it has you run for 60 seconds I was able to do it. The next two times I could not do it for more then 40 seconds. As am I kicking myself in the ass, this woman on the track passes me and I see she is doing a light jog. I thought to myself she actually looks kind of funny but she is still keeping her heart rate up and keeping her pace. So I said screw it I might look funny but I will give it a try. Wouldn’t ya know by just taking it a little bit easy I was able to run the full 60 seconds the remainder of the training. So for the first time ever I was able to jog 8 out of 10 times for a full 60 seconds. Was it easy? No. Did I feel amazing after? Yes. Was I so proud of myself I had the biggest smile a girl could have? Yes! It was so great.

The rest of my Sunday was spent relaxing with the boy watching football. I found a recipe for “skinny mozzarella sticks” and stayed on track with my calories all day.

I have decided to try only using MFP for the next two weeks and see how it works out.

Today was another amazing stepping stone that I did not expect. I have worked at a dealership/ retail store that has cloths that run fairly small and I have always had to buy the men’s sweat shirts because the women’s clothing is just ridiculous. They have “plus size” women’s clothing but even those are smaller and have always been too tight for me. Well today it is cold and I thought I would take a peek at the sweat shirts. I hated all the men’s ones and thought I was doomed. Then for shits and giggles I thought I will check out the women’s. I found two I likes and tried them on. A black one with pink gems and lettering fit me perfectly! I almost started crying in the bathroom. I have NEVER been able to fit into these cloths and now I have a pink and black hoodie!!! Ugh what an amazing feeling after such an emotional Friday night.
 
 

Sorry the mirror is super dirty in our staff bathroom
 
So overall it turned out to be a great weekend. Sundays run and today sweatshirt gave me the confidence I need to keep going. It has proven to me the hard work is paying off and I know if I keep going it will only keep getting better. I always hear people who have lost a lot of weight say how worth it the hard work is, and today I can finally say I know what they are talking about.  J I hope everyone else  had a great weekend and I wish you well on this Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment