Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving Goal Met!!


Thanksgiving was great. I got up early and did 45 minutes of cardio at the gym. Man was it busy with people lol. It was easy to zone out and get in a good workout because there were a lot of cool Thanksgiving shows on TV.  I do not feel I went overboard with food. I had a little bit of everything like I wanted and I only had a nibble here and there of desserts. I did however have another plate for dinner (our thanksgiving is at lunch time) and looking back I should not have done that.

Some of my family was not able to make it for Thanksgiving so that cut down my chances of someone noticing my weight loss and making a comment. Finally about an hour before everyone left my aunt told me I looked great. I was so happy because I thought for sure no one was going to say anything if they had not said anything by now. I can’t believe it. I just can’t. Meeting all these small goals just validates the hard work and makes going forward so much easier.  When I want to veer off track or question a workout, reminding myself of the upcoming goal really seemed to help this time around as Thanksgiving approached. If you read my blog daily you can get that hint when I mention my Thanksgiving goal multiple times.
 
This is how big my smile was when my aunt made her comment.
 

I will spend the rest of the weekend enjoying my time with family and on Monday its back to hard work. The month of December is a little hectic for me due to my work schedule (I have a few 13hr days this month :-/) but I would like to set a small goal for myself. I would like by Christmas morning to have lost 8lbs. That gives me exactly one month from today to loose 8lbs. I think I can do that. I will commit to working out a minimum of three days a week and sticking to weight watchers WITHOUT cheating or going over points. It is only one month. I can do this. I will do this. And on Christmas morning when I step on the scale and see I have met my goal, it will be the best present I could ever give myself.

Have a great weekend everyone.

1 comment: