Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Calling all injuries

Ok! So Saturday after work I hit the high school track to start day one week one of the c25k. Turns out Ally can only run for about 40 seconds at a time lol. That is fine by me though, I am aware it will take time to build up my strength and stamina until I can run longer. I definitely felt like I was going to die, and I wish I would have pushed myself harder and longer but I know it will get better over time.

It did dawn on me on my drive home that school starts this week and I will be unable to use the track for running :-/  I will figure something out.

Sunday morning I did my Jillian Michaels DVD and had a relaxing day at the pool. Right before dinner time I dropped a trash can on my big toe and it must have hit just the right spot because two days later and it is still KILLING me!!! It seriously hurts just to have my flip flop strap rest on the spot I hit. On top of the toe issue I twisted a weird way on Sunday night and my lower back has been out ever since. I am falling apart. Thank goodness Mondays are my day to rest because with all my bruises and aches I could barley get around yesterday.

Today my back does not hurt as much and I wanted to do SOMETHING for exercise (normally Tuesday is my 45min on the crazy machine workout) but due to not wanting to injure myself further I decided 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill was acceptable.
By the end of my walk my back was hurting a lot but I still managed to burn 137 calories, so that made me happy. Not what I would have liked but better then nothing.

I ordered a new Jillian Michael's DVD and it arrived today so I am pumped, except I dont know when I will be able to try it out due to my minor injuries.


My new DVD arrived today!

Depending on how I feel tomorrow, this whole week may just be 30 minutes of walking after work. I need to do some form of exercise because not only do I look forward to my workouts but I am so afraid if I get out of the habit of exercising daily it will be difficult to get back into it.

That is all I have for today, I am really hoping by the end of the week I will be all healed up and back in full swing.  Have a great day everyone.  :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment