Thursday, August 2, 2012

My daily routine

Yesterday I did not want to go to the gym. I have some 3lb weights now and I figured if I did both my work out video’s one after the other, it would be a sufficient work out. Holey Hard. Using those weights made so much of a difference. I did not use the weights for my Billy Blanks Tae Bo video, but by the second circuit of my Jillian Michael’s DVD those 3lb weights felt like 30lbs. I got threw it though. It was difficult but I am still alive today.

One thing I like to search for on other people’s  blogs is how they are losing the weight. What exercises are they doing and what are they eating, or not eating. So I figured I would write my typical day’s food and work out routines for anyone who gave a crap.

Breakfast: Oatmeal, or ¾ cup honey nut cheerios with ½ cup fat free milk, or 2 egg white omelet with veggies and a sprinkle of low fat cheese and one cup of fruit on the side.

Lunch: Salad with 3oz chicken or 2 slices of turkey and 2 table spoons of Italian dressing, or 1 can of tuna with 2 table spoons of Italian dressing and half of a cucumber.

Snacks: Special K dark chocolate granola bar, 1 cup of fruit usually  grapes or cantaloupe, ½ a serving of reduced fat cheez-it’s or wheat thins, and I always eat a banana 30minutes before I go to the gym.

Dinner: Some sort of meat such as ground turkey, a pork chop, chicken, or steak tips with lots of veggies -usually green beans, edemame, sliced up cucumber or green peppers.  (All my meat is weighed out) Occasionaly a cup of rice or small protion of potatoe, but I try to stay away from that becoming a regular thing.

Evening snack: 3 cups popcorn that I pop myself on the stove top with vegetable oil. No salt or butter added. Or a slice of wheat toast with 1 table spoon of nutella or reduced fat peanut butter.

 At the Gym I usually do the elliptical, bike, treadmill, or cross trainer crazy machine. I will do the elliptical or cross trainer for a minimum of 30 minutes and I do the bike or treadmill for about 15-20 minutes.
I go to the gym Tuesdays, Wednesday, Thursdays and Saturdays. Sundays and Fridays I will do a work out video at home or go for a walk/jog for at least 1 mile. Mondays suck so no exercise on Mondays.
Now that I have free weights and want to start doing those more I will probably trade Wednesdays at the gym for Wednesdays doing a work out video with free weights involved.
For workout videos I do Jillian Michael’s 30 day shred (currently I am on level 2) I do Billy Blanks Tae Bo cardio Boot Camp or I will surf Comcast On demand exercise for something new to try once in a while.

I use the my fitness pal app on my iphone to track calories as well as count weight watchers points. I try to stay within both programs allowance of calories/points and it has been pretty successful so far. J (20lbs lost since I started May 2012)

That’s it, that is what my days have looked like for the past two months. I am very aware of calories on foods, I look forward to my work outs, I crave fruit, water, spinach leaves, and fresh veggies. When I do have a crazy craving like pizza or Chinese food I plan it out ahead of time. I will plan more intense work out’s the day before and day after the planed meals and so far it has worked out. Since I have started being healthier I have not had too many intense cravings for “bad” foods.  And the longer I have been on this new way of life the less I crave bad things.  It defiantly gets easier with time, and I do not dread the gym anymore. The longer I have stayed on track the more it becomes “normal”. It still takes a lot of effort but it is much easier for sure. If I am feeling this way after only 2 months I cant imagine how much easier it will be in 6 months.

With alllll that said, since I did my work out video’s yesterday I will do the elliptical and bike at the gym today followed by ONE work out DVD tomorrow (most likely Jillian Michaels.)

When I am at the gym I think of all my fellow bloggers across the globe pushing themselves through their work outs each day.  The dreams we have for ourselves are achievable. The cute cloths and healthy bodies are in arms reach. We just need to stick with it and take it one day at a time.
Till next time....... 

No comments:

Post a Comment